Three Tips to Make More Money While Working Less

by | Apr 19, 2022 | Business, Mindset

If you could make more money while working fewer hours, wouldn’t you do it? 

Despite what the corporate world would have you think, you don’t have to work 14-hour days to earn the kind of money you desire. In fact, you can work much less than that and still hit your financial goals if you follow the right strategy. 

The key? Working smarter, not harder. 

So, let’s take a closer look at a few tips that can help you make more money while working fewer hours.

Tip #1: Diversify Your Income Streams

Adding more income streams might sound like extra work but in the long run, that’s the best way to increase your earnings while cutting your hours. Sure, you need to put in the initial work to get a new revenue stream up and running, but that product will keep generating money for months and years to come. 

Focus on building revenue streams that develop into passive income – that’s income that still comes in that doesn’t require additional work on your part. There are a lot of different options to pursue but products like e-books, downloadable guides, planners, notebooks and self-guided courses are all great choices. While you’ll have to put a little work in up front, those products will continue to sell long after you finish them.

Tip #2: Automate What You Can

If you run a business, you’re probably handling a lot of the day-to-day operations yourself. Many of these tasks are little things like sending invoices, paying bills and sending follow-up emails. While none of these tasks take long to do, together they eat up a significant chunk of your time. 

By automating tasks, you can shave an hour or 2 off your workday! Thankfully, there are a lot of apps and financial tools out there to help you do this easily and for little to no cost. In fact, there’s a good chance your bank already offers automatic bill pay options on even the most basic accounts.

Tip #3: Prioritize Your Time

Did you know that most of the progress you see in your business only comes from about 20% of the work you do? That means the other 80% is basically fluff! The key is to maximize what you’re doing with that 20% to drive bigger and better results. 

So, how do you do that? Take some time to really examine how you’re spending the bulk of your time. What activities are linked to your actual results? What tasks could you cut out without impacting your progress? Once you know the answer to these questions, you can focus on putting more effort into the things that move the needle on your results and ultimately increase your earnings. 


Working less and making more is entirely possible if you know how to go about it. Start by diversifying your income streams, then automate everything you can to cut back on active working time. Next, analyze where you’re spending your time, so you can focus on the activities that impact your bottom line. 

Want to learn more about running a successful business? Everything you need to know is right here:


What would it mean to you to hit 6-figures without tracking your time, working 40+ hours a week, & being glued to your laptop? Allergic to Hourly™ helps you create a business that fuels your freedom without being stuck charging hourly rates. Fill out your application as soon as possible so we can send you an advanced private training with all the details! The deadline to apply for the next session is at the end of this month.


If you feel stuck in your business but aren’t sure how to get unstuck or what steps to take next, take the Solo to CEO Quiz. We’ll ask you some questions about your business, give you a score, and then give you actionable next steps & resources to help you get unstuck and create momentum. Click here to take the quiz.


In this free training, I show you everything you need to know about the 5 systems your business needs to grow sustainably, how to build on the things you’re already doing in your business, the tools I use to pull in bigger clients with less effort, and how to set your business up to support the life you really want to live. Sign up for the free training here.


If you’ve been thinking about starting your own business as a freelancer, consultant, or service provider, then you know that the hardest part is just getting started. I know there’s so much info out there, it’s hard to know where to start or what to do next. I put this training together to connect the dots for you and help you get started successfully. Sign up for the free training here.

Read the next blog post: 3 Must-Know Tips on Pricing Your Products and Services

Hey, I’m Ari!

Certified business, success, & mindset coach helping online service providers hit consistent $10k+ months without working 10,000 hours a month: allergictohourly.com

Are you just starting out or ready to scale?

Find out what you need to do next to go from freelancer to CEO.